Ready to feel the AndesBeat?
Based in Santiago, Chile, AndesBeat is the leading source for original content (in English) about trends and news from Latin America’s hottest new startups and technology entrepreneurs.
Our readers include investors/VC’s, thought leaders, academia, public sector leaders, directors from top companies, NGO’s, startup founders, tech entrepreneurs and others with an interest or existing business in Latin America.
Published by entrepreneurs Carlos Leiva (Chile) and Shonika Proctor (USA) with contributions from the hackers community,
AndesBeat brings a unique perspective from inside the startup trenches:
- 1st English language media in Latin America dedicated to the startup scene
- 20,000 pageviews (first 60 days)
- Visitors from 1,357 cities with an interest in Latin America’s Tech Scene (first 60 days)
- Top 10 cities include Santiago, San Francisco, New York, Buenos Aires and London
- 15,000+ social innovators and social entrepreneurs
- Chile’s hackers and developers community (yup, pretty much all 100k of them)
- 350+ startups and tech entrepreneurs waiting to be featured (various industries & LatAm countries)
- Strong and active nice strategic partners (locally and internationally, collective reach 500k+)
- Content is syndicated in other global emerging startup markets (throughout Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe)
Audience & Demographics
Based in US traffic:
71% of AndesBeat readers are male; 86% are college educated (33% post-graduate); and 67% have an annual income above $50k (As of July 2012).
(*) The “index” shows how an individual site’s audience compares to the internet population as a whole. For example, an index of 100 indicates a site’s audience is equivalent to the demographic make-up of the total internet population. Any increase over 100 means that the property is “over indexed” and attracts a more concentrated group of a particular demographic group than in the general internet population.
Reference: reading Quantcast Reports
Here are some of our community’s favorite stories
- Riverwood Capital launches $200,000 US Latin America Start-Up Challenge
- Hip MakerSpace set to Launch in Santiago, Chile
- Meet Diego Araos, the winner of Geekli.st sponsored Hackathon, Santiago, Chile (Dec 2011)
- 16 year old programmer develops Chile’s most downloaded iPad app
- Bureaucracy Mode On: Start-Up Chile Uncensored
- Nixter Raises $100k from Chilean Angel Investors
- Smartbox TV aims to improve viewers experience on digital TV’s
- Just Did It: Smashrun makes running ‘simply beautiful’ for Nike+ users
While the AndesBeat community is niche and growing steadily on a daily basis we have very strong and consistent reader engagement among our core readers (as of July 2012):
- 56% of visitors find AndesBeat via Social Stream
- Twitter Followers: 389 / Engagement 38.98%
- Facebook Fans: 451 / Engagement 34.46%
- Google+: 41 / Engagement 25.99%
Weekly or Monthly Advertising
AndesBeat offers sponsorship ad units, on a weekly or monthly basis:
- 300 x 250 medium rectangles
- 125 x 125 squares
AndesBeat makes ordering your ad easy