Applications for Chile’s Digital Venture Capital Forum will be closing in just 5 days. The application process ends on May 19, 2013 and is open to all investor ready companies seeking Series A funding for their projects, inside and outside of Chile. US $50 million is available from a host of investors.
(Logo at left belongs to startup ‘PaOnde’, which is Chilean slang for “where to”. Use the PaOnde app to find the best places to go out and give live feedback (through a Waze-like interface) on the current environment of where you are). Big success and luck at the competition guys!
Chile’s Digital Venture Capital Forum is being presented as a part of Chile Digital which is the largest conference dedicated to technology, e-commerce, internet, and digital marketing in Latin America.
“Chile Digital is a global event to connect visionary investors with high
8 Reasons to Apply
(Courtesy of the Chile’s Digital Venture Capital Forum team)
1) It is a great opportunity to present your company directly to a panel of top-tier investors in just one day.
2) You can save up to 12 months compared with the time required of going through the process one-by-one by yourself.
3) Chile Digital Venture Capital Forum is powered by GUST, the largest platform to manage investments in start-ups. The experience completing your application in Gust.com will improve your presentation skills in front of investors as the
platform guides you through the correct presentation format for investors.
4) During the application process you will get valuable feedback on your company from the Chile Digital Investment Committee (First filter) and from the Investors (Second filter).
5) The Venture Capital Forum is not a pitch competition. There are no “Best in Show” awards. Applying startups are evaluated and selected directly by the participating investors, so you will be presenting to investors who are already familiar with your company and have shown a real interest in it.
6) The opportunity to network with investors and other founders will be phenomenal
7) All applicants receive 4 tickets (valued at US$440) for you and your team to the Digital Expo and over 30 parallel lectures on technology, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and e-commerce.
8) Beyond Chile Digital: Even after Chile Digital is over your application in GUST, it will be useful in the future when you are seeking additional investment.
Also, get to know the companies that were selected from the 1st and 2nd rounds –