Prey, is an anti-theft application developed by Tomás Pollak, for all the popular operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu, Android). It helps mobile device users locate, secure, lock and recover your stuff if it goes missing.
Over recent months, a selected group of users have been beta testing the Prey iOS version and starting today, the application is available to the public.
Now iPhone users can join the list of succesful recovered stories of stolen phones and laptops around the world:
- How I Got My Stolen Laptop Back Within 24 Hours Using Prey
- Why you don’t steal from a hacker
- I just had my laptop stolen and am currently monitoring the thief live with a security program. AMA
- Update on stolen computer with LogMeIn installed
- Holloway sets online trap for laptop thieves
Good news for iPhone users, right?
PreyProject officialy posted a message on their twitter account saying “Prey for the iOS is here!” (check an RT message) but a few minutes later they deleted the message.. why??
I’ll keep you updated.